1. What's the Weather? Expect sunny skies, with a high near 83 today according to the National Weather Service. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 52.
2. Jump Rope For Heart Korn School students participated in the American Heart Association's Jump Rope For Heart. This year over $4,300 was raised. Blake Courchesne, 4th grader, and Jason Salley, 3rd grader, had the highest number of jumps for their grade level. Each had over 230 jumps.
3. Middlefield Sets Mill Rate On May 14, the Middlefield Board of Finance voted to set the 2012-2013 mill rate at 32.15 (To calculate your tax bill multiply the assessment value of your home or property by .03215)
4. Town Hall Meeting State Sen. Len Suzio (R) will hold a legislative update at the from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Taxpayers are invited to attend and to ask questions about issues pertaining to students, seniors, the upcoming special session and a host of other issues.
"Stop by the Community Center on Thursday," Suzio said. "Everyone is welcome. I am fighting for you at the State Capitol. I want to hear from you."
Suzio fought successfully to cap the state's rising gas tax this year. He continues to push for substantial gas tax relief and for the elimination of the state's tax on social security income.
5. Cheerleading Try-Outs Any students who are interested in Try-Outs for the Fall Coginchaug Cheerleading Team: Try Outs will be held Friday, June 1st, from 5:30pm-7:30pm and Saturday 9:00am-10:30am. Try-Outs to be held at Coginchaug High School.