1. What's the Weather? Showers, mainly before noon. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 72. Tonight: A chance of drizzle. Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Courtesy of National Weather Service.
2. Haddam Killingworth Vandalism Update No arrests had been made as of Tuesday afternoon into , according to state police. Check back with Patch for updates.
3. Powder Ridge Hearing Continues Middlefield's Planning and Zoning Commission will meet tonight and will continue a public hearing on the town's request to divide the property. In two previous meetings, the issue has proven to be a hot topic for members of the public in attendance.
At the June 6 public hearing, Middlefield resident Paul Pizzo questioned whether the commission by approving the town's request to create an interior lot.
The PZC meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Middlefield Community Center. The public hearing gets underway at 7 p.m.
4. New England Track Championship On Saturday, June 9, Coginchaug's Sam Baker and Wolfgang Wallach competed in the 67th annual All New England Track Championships in Saco, Maine.
The event was held at Thornton Academy on a brilliant sunny day with hundreds of the best high school track athletes from all over New England.
Sam and Wolf had good results in the Connecticut Class S and Open Championships and were invited to the All New England event.
The two boys carry on a strong Coginchaug track program tradition with Sam competing in the High Jump and Wolf in the 400m run. Submitted by John Baker
5. Boyle Commits to B.C. The Middletown Press interviews Middlefield's Tim Boyle, who recently chose to play football next fall at Boston College.