Theresa "Terry" Piotrowski is providing therapy services for Durham/Middlefield Youth and Family Services. Terry was raised in Rockfall, attending the schools of Region School District 13 (K-12). Terry earned her Bachelor’s degree in Marriage and Family Studies at the University of Hartford and graduated with a Master’s degree from the MFT Program at Saint Joseph College.
Terry works with individuals, couples, and families. She has extensive experience working with children/adolescents and their families, with an emphasis on both communication and relational issues. Terry employs a variety of techniques in her therapeutic approach, including:
- Creative arts/play therapy; and
- Talk therapy.
Terry’s skills include:
- The ability to join with and engage and adolescents in the therapeutic process “where they are”;
- The ability to engage parents in the therapeutic process so that they may be able to assist their child in overcoming his/her difficulties; and
- The ability to contact and utilize larger systems (DCF, schools, etc.) when necessary.
Areas in which Terry has employed her skills include:
- Anger management
- Life-cycle developmental issues
- Family communication
- Family boundary issues