1. What's the Weather? Don't put that umbrella away. The National Weather Service is calling for more scattered showers today with a high near 73. Tonight: A slight chance of showers, otherwise cloudy, with a low around 60.
2. Cell Tower = Cash: The Middlefield Board of Selectman meets tonight at 7 p.m. and will consider a proposal to sell a small piece of land behind town hall. The town was recently offered a figure in the range of $600,000 for the land which the town leases to TowerCo, a telecom company. The latest offer is a significant increase from a proposal made two-and-a-half years ago, when the company offered to pay the town $375,000 for the land. Finance director Joe Geruch said town officials are weighing their options.
3. Turning the Tassel: Congratulations are in order for several local students who received their undergraduate degrees from Quinnipiac University on May 20. Durham residents Joel I. Camassar (Advertising), Rachel E. Clarke (Nursing) and Kayla R. Thrall (Nursing) all received their bachelor's degree. Killingworth residents Ignatius M. Armenia (Finance), Kelsey A. Buttendorf (Psychology), Hannah Donadio (Health and Science Studies) and Ashley V. Smith (Nursing) are also among the Class of 2012.
4. Flavor of the Week! According to Dari Serv's Facebook page, new flavors this week include Carrot cake ice cream, banana pudding ice cream, toasted coconut ice cream, an wildberry granola years yogurt!
What's your favorite ice cream flavorx? Leave your answer in the comments section below. (I love Rocky Road!)
5. This Day in History: On May 22, 1980, Namco releases the highly influential arcade game Pac-Man.