1. What's the Weather? Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
2. Tis' the Season for Wreaths On Wednesday, the Durham Garden Club continued their annual tradition of hand-making Holiday Wreaths at the Durham Firehouse. The extraordinary wreaths are available by pre-order only but this Saturday members of the DGC will be selling a few extra wreaths at Strong School from 8-12 p.m. You can also pre-order your wreath for next year (It's never too early to order!).
The Holiday Wreaths serve as the organization's main fundraiser.
Did you order a wreath from the DGC? Where are you planning to hang it? Tell us in the comments.
3. Annual Giving Tree/Open House From our friends at the Levi E. Coe Library:
Books are now on display and available to purchase for the Children's Room and Young Adult Collections.
How does the Giving Tree work?
The librarians choose a selection of books that would benefit both collections. Parents, teens, and children browse the books to determine which ones they would like to donate. Patrons pay for their donations, take them home, and wrap them up. The books are then brought back to the library on Thursday, December 6th, during our Giving Tree Program/Holiday Open House and, for the young ones, presented to Santa Claus as a gift to the library. A bookplate will be placed inside each donated book in appreciation of the purchase. The Giving Tree/Open House will take place from 5:30-7PM on Thursday, December 6th.
Join us for building graham cracker houses and a special visit from Santa. Please register by stopping by or calling the Children's Dept. 860-349-3857
4. Reminder: Don't Miss This Weekend's Tree Lighting Ceremonies
Durham — Saturday, Dec. 1 @ 4 p.m. on the Town Green
Middlefield — Sunday, Dec. 2 at 5 p.m. on the Town Green
5. Deck The House So, you didn't win the $550 million Powerball jackpot. Look on the bright side, you can still win Patch's Deck the House contest. The grand prize is $100,000 for the local school district. Not bad, eh?
Click here for details or to enter.