This day-long workshop is presented by Mayor Dan Drew and Workforce Alliance. It is designed for people with management experience who have been out of work for an extended period of time. Topics include:
- Setting smart job targets in light of today's economy
- Empowering your resume
- Your network/your message
- Online search and application
- Using social networking media
- Managing your time
- Retraining opportunities and available social services
"Workforce Alliance wanted to assist management workers who have had difficulty finding a job in this recession. Mid- and high-level people have found themselves unemployed for longer periods of time," said Middletown Mayor Dan Drew. "The City of Middletown will do anything we can to help our out-of-work residents find employment."
The workshop is free and includes lunch. Those interested in attending should reserve a spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Robert Fort at (203) 624-1493 ext. 242. Seating is limited.