1. What's the Weather? Mostly sunny, with a high near 85. Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.
2. World's Largest Golf Outing to Benefit Wounded Warriors Nearly 200 golfers will tee off at Lyman Orchards' Jones and Player courses Monday morning to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project.
The event — one of more than 100 simultaneous golf outings across 27 states supporting the Wounded Warrior Project — could earn a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records.
3. Durham Man Wanted by Police Arrested Last week, Patch reported about a for failing to appear in court and a probation violation. Meriden Police report that William Brown, 54, was arrested on Aug. 11.
4. Durham Folk Artist Earlier this year, Durham musician Lara Herscovitich, former state troubadour, released her latest album entitled Four Wise Monkeys.
Herscovitich and her music were featured this weekend by the Middletown Press.
5. What's Your Favorite Olympic Moment? Now that the 2012 London Summer Games are history, can you think back to pick one favorite moment?
I have to admit, I watched the men's horizontal competition a few nights ago without blinking because I was afraid to miss what the next olympian might pull off. It was incredible.