1. What's the Weather? Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 74. Tonight: Increasing clouds, with a low around 58. Courtesy of the National Weather Service.
2. Summer Reading Tips from Best-Selling Author James Patterson Patch recently launched a very cool initiative, a for kids in partnership with number-one bestselling author James Patterson's READKIDDOREAD.
READKIDDOREAD is a program that encourages kids to read more, not only in the summer months but throughout the year. Patterson is incredibly passionate about the importance of parents getting their kids reading, and the impact that will have on their lives.
We've also created a special page for ALL book lovers. Check out Patch's 2012 Summer Reading Guide.
3. Skateboard Camp with Cody Rowlands June 25th - 29th at Peckham Park - Beginner's Class 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. Intermediate / Advance Class 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
$65.00 per person
Cody a part time pro from Ohio is in town for a week and is looking forward to working with students of all abilities. Whether you are brand new to the sport or can shred with the best of them, Cody will have a thing or two to show you! Safety equipment is mandatory! Register now class size is limited!
To register email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Congratulations to the Champions Anderson Lawn Care defeated The Whole Enchilada 9-4 on June 15 to win the 2012 Coginchaug Little League title. The team finished the season with a 12-6 record.
Aroung the Clock Heating defeated Indian Springs 15-11 on June 7 to win the Girls Majors Championship.
5. New Summer Hours will be open 'til 8 p.m. Tues. - Fri. BYOB, enjoy the deck and some good dinner specials too.