1. What's the Weather? Expect more of the same, according to the National Weather Service, with developing showers today, mainly after 2 p.m. and mostly cloudy skies with a high near 66. Tonight: Scattered showers and mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.
2. Powder Ridge Update There was a lively public discussion at Monday night's Board of Selectmen meeting in Middlefield, after a group of Democrats turned out to vent their frustrations over the possible sale of the property to Sean Hayes of Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park in Portland.
Some accused First Selectman Jon Brayshaw of negotiating a sales agreement privately, while others said they weren't convinced that Hayes was prepared to buy the property or develop it (see video).
Stay tuned for the full story later this week on Patch.
3. State Title Hopes The Coginchaug High School softball team defeated Morgan 8-2 on Monday night in West Haven to earn a spot in the Class S state championship game. Mari Handley's 3-run home run punctuated a dominant performance by the Blue Devils.
Coginchaug will take on the winner of Tuesday's Canton/St. Bernard matchup. Time and location of the final game is TBD.
Meanwhile, the Haddam Killingworth baseball team upset No. 1 Montville Monday in the quarterfinals of the Class M state tournament.
The No. 9 seeded Cougars take on No. 4 St. Joseph at Bluefish Stadium in Bridgeport tonight at 7 p.m.
4. 911, What's Your Emergency? The Killingworth Volunteer Fire Department reports the following number of calls for the month of May.
Fires - 11
Rescue - 26
Total for the year - 157 calls
5. Rare Gardens Seven rarely seen private gardens in Middletown, Middlefield, and Durham will be open to the public this weekend.