1. What's the Weather? Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 92. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 70. Courtesy of the National Weather Service.
2. DWI Suspect in Court This Week Irving Johnston, 57, of 27 Boulder View Court, Durham, is due in court on Thursday. Johnston has pleaded not guilty to driving under the influence. after the pickup truck he was driving struck and killed 69 year old Joan Leighton-Smith of Durham along Route 17.
Johnston's case has been continued six times, according to court records.
He does not face any additional charges in Leighton-Smith's death, according to police.
3. Daisy Found! Five days after , Patch got word Sunday night that her family had found her. We're told she was hungry, but otherwise okay. We're glad to hear she's back home!
4. Coginchaug All-Stars Win District 9 Title Congratulations to the Coginchaug Little League 11-year-old All-Star team, which defeated Guilford 7-5 on Saturday night to win the Division 9 Little League title. With the victory, the team advances to play in the state-wide tournament.
5. Where Have the Agendas and Minutes Gone? According to the town of Middlefield's website, a poor internet connection is preventing the town from posting the agendas and minutes of meetings:
In the past, Agendas and Minutes have been posted to the Boards and Commissions pages, with links to Agendas from this front page, even though Connecticut Statutes Section 1-225 does not require the posting of Agendas and Minutes. However, the Town does not currently have the upload/download capacity to post these documents. We are working on upgrading our internet connection, and as soon as this is completed, the posting of Agendas and Minutes will be restored.