1. What's the Weather? The National Weather Service says Wednesday will bring a chance of showers and thunderstorms before noon, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.
2. Name That TV Show The Middlefield Senior Center and Panda HomeCare is hosting a “Name That TV Show” on Wednesday June 6th at 1:00. MC/DJ Sir James from W.R.T.C. 89.3 will be the host. Seniors will be given verbal and musical clues to the titles of 40 TV shows form the 1940’s – the 1980’s. Prizes will be given to the winners and refreshments will be served. All are welcome and the program will start promptly at 1:00. If you have any questions please contact Antoinette Astle at 860-349-7121.
3. Nice Poster! Melany Chanthinith, a fourth grader at Korn Elementary School was recently selected as one of five winners of a statewide poster contest held by the Secretary of the State’s office.
Chanthinith's poster was chosen from a field of more than 1,000 entrants from forty-seven participating elementary schools whose posters depict acts of good citizenship happening in their community.
Third place went to Atalie Sweet, a classmate at Korn.
(We've put in a note to the SOTS's office for a photo. Check back for an update)
4. Corazzini Honored On May 20, Coginchaug High School student Alec Corazzini was inducted into the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame (Northern CT Chapter) during the organization's 46th Annual Scholar-Athlete Dinner.
Corazzini, who will play football for Wesleyan University this fall, joined 15 other young men from Northern Connecticut who were presented with the Scholar Athlete Award. The NFF is dedicated to the promotion and enhancement of football through special programs and for the development of leadership, competitive zeal and the drive for excellence in America's young people.
The organization honors Scholar Athletes, Coaches and Officials from the state of Connecticut. Inductees have demonstrated curiosity and success in the endeavors of seeking knowledge and the ability to lead amongst peers.
5. Looking for Vendors Starting this Saturday, June 2nd and running through September, the Middlefield Community Center green will transform into an open market where you can purchase produce, baked goods, arts and crafts and more!
Open Farm Market
8:00 AM - Noon
Middlefield Town Green in front of the Community Center.
LOOKING FOR VENDORS OF ALL TYPES!
only $10 for a 10 x 10 space.
email: email@example.com for more info!!