1. What's the Weather? April showers bring May flow... wait, it is May! Expect more showers today with a high near 77, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. Showers likely.
2. Phone Scam, er Spam: According to the Town Times on Wednesday, several residents have received an alarming phone call from a company selling a "discounted security system." The calls begin with an alarming message, warning residents that there has been a burglary in the neighborhood.
According to one commenter, Durham First Selectman Laura Francis has been in contact with state police over the matter. Call town hall immediately if you receive a suspicious phone call.
3. Library Looks for Traffic: Because of the gridlock caused by last weekend's Girl Scouts event in Durham, the PALS annual book sale and the Library's plant sale will continue this week. Stop by the to check out the selection.
4. Destination Durham Needs You! Destination Durham, a local, magazine-style, community television program, is looking for volunteer crew members.
If you have writing, video editing, camera, communications experience or if you just want to be a part of a community organization that has an appreciation of things that make Durham special, please contact our Managing Producer Liz Cipollina at email@example.com. Being a part of Destination Durham is a terrific way to be able to contribute to your community and learn more about its rich history. Visit Destination Durham's Facebook page.
5. Altobello Finds Support in Middlefield: Middlefield Democrats endorsed Emil "Buddy" Altobello for the 82nd House District during a nomination convention Tuesday night at the Community Center.
"I love Middlefield, it's a great town," said Altobello, who represented part of the town until 2002. The 9-term incumbent spoke to supporters last night in Middlefield.