1. What's the Weather? Isolated showers between 9 a.m. and noon, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon, according to the National Weather Service. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52.
2. Cougars Get Shot at State Title The Haddam Killingworth High School baseball team scored 13 runs in the first two innings on way to a 15-6 rout of St Joseph's of Trumbull Tuesday night. Wes Nuhn had 4 RBIs for the No. 9 seeded Cougars. In four state tournament games, HK has outscored its opponents 42-10, including defeating top ranked Montville, 3-1.
HK will now face 11th ranked Plainville at Palmer Field in Middletown on Friday. Time TDB.
3. "Main Street Traffic" An oil painting by Durham artist and art teacher Terry Oakes Bourret, has won the Bosworth Grier Award at the recent Madison Art Society’s exhibition. Bourret created the painting on site on Main Street in Middletown, and it is one of a series of urban scenes she has been painting in and around the Middletown area in recent months.
4. Now Hiring American Cruise Lines announced this week that it is hiring an additional 22 people for sales positions, as well as several supervisors and trainers for its Guilford, Conn. headquarters. The company offers a complete training program, high earning potential and a competitive benefits package for employees.
Continued growth and popularity of American Cruise Lines’ unique small ship and river cruises nationwide has led to an immediate need for additional members of the sales team. Interested people are encouraged to visit the website to apply or call 203-453-6800.
5. Mark your Calendar Middlesex County Farm Bureau is sponsoring free farm tours at Greenbacker's Brookfield Farm. See the milking parlor, visit the calves, heifers, and cows, check out the farm equipment, and sample Cabot's award-winning cheese! Tours are Sat. June 23 and Sun June 24, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days. Milking starts at 2 p.m.