For those of you you looking for a healthy alternative for breakfast that is great tasting and also easy to make check this out. You can make a batch off this for breakfast and then take out a serving size every morning before you get off to your busy day. Combine it with a handfull of blueberries and you'll never feel like your depriving yourself!
1 pound mild Italian sausage (check out US Wellness Meats for quality sausage options)
Easy and Delicious Sausage Frittata
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
4 green onions, diced
3 tablespoons coconut oil
Pepper to taste
1. In a large oven proof skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
2. Crumble in the sausage (remove from casing if necessary) and brown.
3. Add the shredded sweet potato and cook until the potatoes are tender.
4. Add the diced green onion and saute together with the sausage and sweet potatoes for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Evenly spread the sausage mixture over the bottom of the pan. Whisk together the eggs, and pour evenly over the meat, sweet potato, and green onion mixture. Sprinkle all over with black pepper.
6. Cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbly and you can see that the edges of the frittata are almost done.
7. Transfer to the oven and cook under the broiler on low until the frittata is cooked all the way through.
Recipe courtesy of www.everydayplaeo.com
For more info on the Paleo diet and find your local CrossFit box.