The Community Foundation of Middlesex County is pleased to announce the return of CHUCK LORING for a half day workshop.
SHARING THE LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITY: Improving Nonprofit Governance Through Strategic Committees and Staff Relationships.
- Does your board feel as if everybody is doing the same thing?
- Are your committees struggling to reach goals they want to complete?
- Is your organization building a more constructive, focused partnership between the board and staff?
- Does your board and staff work efficiently with a clear understanding of governance and management responsibilities?
Certain challenges are inherent as organizations develop strategic work plans for committees and staff. This workshop will examine high performance leadership and provide your team with opportunities to explore:
- The steps to effective board / committee work;
- The major principles of effective board / committee structure;
- Characteristics of an effective partnership between board and staff;
- Techniques of boosting board governance.
Workshop Details: Thursday, October 11, 2012
8:30 am - Noon
Middlesex Community College
- Minimum of 2 people from each participating organization REQUIRED (we encourage organizations to include at least 1 member of the organization's Board)
- Pre-registration required
- Cost: $20 per person
For more information or to register, email: Wanda@MiddlesexCountyCF.org
Chuck V. Loring, CFRE is the senior partner of the Fort Lauderdale and Indianapolis – based firm of Loring, Sternberg, & Associates, which provides fundraising and governance consulting services to nonprofits. Chuck is also a Senior Governance Associate for BoardSource (formerly the National Center for Nonprofit Boards) in Washington, DC, offering expertise in board development and other governance issues to nonprofit boards across the country.