.

Snow Likely, But How Much?

The National Weather Service is predicting some white precipitation early this week but the track of the storm is not certain therefore snow totals are not 100 percent at this time.

 

As of Sunday night, the National Weather Service (NOAA) has predicted a “chance” of snow on Monday and is saying snow is “likely” for Durham and Middlefield on Tuesday. The Weather Channel is predicting one inch of wet snow for the area with a 70 percent chance of snow on Tuesday.

For coastal Connecticut, NOAA stated that temperatures are going to be “right on the boarder of a rain/snow mix event.” The fast-moving storm looks like it will start as a mix, transitioning to rain on Tuesday they stated, and end as a mix on Tuesday night.

Please stick with Patch for updates.

NOAA Forecast 

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. West wind 7 to 11 mph. Monday night: A chance of snow, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 26. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: Snow likely, mainly between 9am and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible. Tuesday night: A chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 8 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Wednesday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something