Golfers at Lyman Orchards Golf Club for the Wounded Warrior Project, a charity that helps injured service men and women.
On August 13, nearly 200 golfers tee'd off on Lymans' Jones and Players courses in Middlefield during the second annual "World's Largest Golf Outing."
More than 7,800 golfers at 100 golf courses nationwide participated in the even sponsored by Billy Casper Golf, raising more than $350,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project.
Lyman had the distinction of finishing in the "Top 10" of courses by fundraising.
1. Compass Pointe Golf Courses (Pasadena, MD) - $28,379
2. Briarcrest Country Club (Bryan, TX) - $16,663
3. 1757 Golf Club (Dulles, VA) - $16,554
4. Eisenhower Golf Course (Crownsville, MD) -- $15,869
5. Pine Ridge Golf Club (Coram, NY) - $15,579
6. P.B. Dye Golf Club (Ijamsville, MD) - $11,784
7. Reston National Golf Course (Reston, VA) - $11,040
8. Lyman Orchards Golf Club (Middlefield, CT) - $10,977
9. Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club (Gainesville, VA) - $10,376
10. St. Johns Golf & Country Club (St. Augustine, FL) - $10,122
About Wounded Warrior Project
The mission of the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) is to honor and empower wounded warriors. WWP's purpose is to raise awareness and to enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members, to help injured servicemen and women aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and service to meet their needs. WWP is a national, nonpartisan organization headquartered in Jacksonville, FL. To get involved and learn more, visit www.woundedwarriorproject.org.