1. What's the Weather? Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 2 p.m. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 56.
2. White Farm Restoration Update Crews with the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection were expected to begin work this month to rechannel Allyn Brook in an effort to restore the often flooded, town owned White Farm open space property. But Durham First Selectman Laura Francis said Monday night that the town is awaiting final approval from the AG's office on an agreement between the town and the state, which was contracted to complete the work.
"[It's] very frustrating that we're getting caught up in a bureaucratic technicality here," said Francis.
When the project gets underway the public will have an opportunity to see the work being done, she said.
3. Youth and Seniors Photoshoot Patch contributor Jennifer Schulten is looking for local seniors interested in participating in a unique photoshoot. Here are the details from Jen:
Wanted…Durham, Middlefield, Rockfall senior citizens for an intergenerational project! Back in the spring I photographed Pete's (her son) 5th grade class and now I am looking to photograph 24 senior citizens on Sept. 5. The kids will interview the seniors on September 12th at the Durham activity center. Please help me fill those slots. Seniors will receive a free 5x7 from the shoot. Please inbox me for more details. Lets help bring this community together!
Interested? Email email@example.com
4. What Are You Selling? Are you taking part in this weekend's ? If you are, we want to know what you're planning to sell so we can share it with all of our Patch readers.
Just head to our Garage Sales page and enter the info! It's that EASY!
5. Transfer Station Closed for Holiday The Transfer Station will be closed Monday, September 3 for Labor Day. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, September 4 from 8:00 am to 7:45 pm.
Thursday, September 13, 2012 the Transfer Station will be closed to perform maintenance on the compactor.