1. What's the Weather? Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Tonight: Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s.
2. Powder Ridge Signs On Thursday, residents in Middlefield will decide during referendum whether to sell the abandoned ski area to Sean Hayes, owner of Brownstone Exploration and Discovery Park, who has promised to invest millions of dollars in restoring the property.
Meanwhile, signs have been popping up around town in support of and against the deal.
Which side do you fall on? Let us know in the comments!
3. Primary Reminder The polls are open in Durham and Middlefield for today's primary starting at 6 a.m. Durham voters will head to Korn School and voters in Middlefield will cast ballots at the Community Center.
Registered party members will be able to vote in the lone statewide contest for U.S. Senate. For the Democrats, it's Chris Murphy versus Susan Bysiewicz and for the Republicans, it's Linda McMahon versus Chris Shays.
The polls will close at 8 p.m. Be sure to check back with Patch for results.
4. Haitian Dinner to Benefit HELO, Inc. will be held on Saturday, August 18, from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at 43 Fowler Avenue in Durham. Tickets are $30 for a Haitian meal, beverages, and Haitian music highlighted by a live performance by the Union Brothers.
There will also be a silent auction and a 50/50 raffle. Elisabeth Kennedy, of Middlefield, co-founded HELO (Home, Education, Love, Opportunity) in 2007 providing a home for 12 children in a modest rented house near Les Cayes on Haiti's western peninsula. You can learn more by visiting http://www.helohaiti.org/
For tickets contact Cloe at 860-349-8173 or 860-883-4196 or email her at email@example.com. We appreciate your support!
5. 2nd Annual Ukulele Night Come enjoy the sounds of the Humble Bees at Peckham Park on Thursday night. The FREE concert also features The Middfield Uke Club Band.
. Still not convinced? of last year's show!