1. What's the Weather? Periods of light snow, mainly before 10 a.m. High near 30. Tonight: Periods of light snow. Low around 20.
2. Sen. Bartolomeo to Meet With School Officials State Sen. Dante Bartolomeo, who sits on the school safety subcommittee of the legislature's Bipartisan Task Force on Gun Violence Prevention and Children's Safety, is scheduled to meet next Monday with District 13 school officials in Middlefield. Bartolomeo recently visited schools in Middletown and Meriden to get a better understanding of the security issues facing school's in the 13th Senate District. Check back with Patch as more details of the Senator's visit become available.
3. Coginchaug Sprint Medley Relay Team Takes First Place Congratulations to Evan Rand, David Trombetta, Wolfgang Wallach and Ben Taber for placing first in last weekend's Shoreline Conference championship at the Floyd Little Athletic Center in New Haven. The 4-man team finished the race in 3:46.28.
4. CRHS Parents' Forum The Coginchaug Regional High School Parents' Forum will meet Wednesday night in at the CRHS library at 7 p.m. The informal group meets about five times a year to entertain discussion on any topic relevant to the CRHS community. There is no fundraising and no pleading for volunteers, but all parents are encouraged to attend to ask questions or comment on their child's experience at Coginchaug. Karen Meiman leads this group and can be reached firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Free Community Supper in Durham The Church of the Epiphany will sponsor a free community supper on Sunday, February 10, 2013 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church hall at 196 Main St., Durham. The main meal will be prepared by Epiphany’s parishioners. Members of Notre Dame Church will provide desserts.