1. What’s the Weather? Expect a rainy morning with scattered showers and thunderstorms, and a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible according to the National Weather Service. Tonight: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 58.
2. Powder Ridge Deadline: A 90-day due dillegence period has come and gone in Middlefield's efforts to sell Powder Ridge to Sean Hayes. Brownstone's owner agreed to . Although final details of the agreement between Hayes and the town are still being worked out, finance director Joe Geruch said Monday no closing of the deal was imminent.
3. Durham Fitness Reopening: The popular has relocated to 339 Main Street, a space previously occupied by Gossip Restaurant. The move was , and while the transition into the new space is ongoing, new members are always welcome. Stay tuned for details of a Grand Opening!
4. Local Quinnipiac Grad: A BIG Patch Congratulations goes out to Megan Elizabeth Roberts of Durham, who graduated this weekend from Quinnipiac University with a Master of Science in Organizational Leadership degree.
5. This Day in History: 72 years ago today, McDonald's opened its first restaurant in San Bernardino, California. All these years later the restaurant claims to have served "Billions and Billions." That's a lot of hamburgers and french fries!