1. What's the Weather? Patchy fog before 9 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 83. Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64.
2. Tim Boyle Leads Xavier Football Everything has gone right for the Xavier High School football squad over the past two seasons. The team is undefeated and won two state championships. The big question is: Will they win three-in-a-row?
The team is led by QB Tim Boyle, who lives in Middlefield and is headed to Boston College next fall to play for the Eagles.
Read Middletown Press reporter Jim Bransfield's breakdown of the Falcons' championship hopes.
3. Last Farmers' Market of the Season Don't miss the final farmers' market in Durham today from 3-6:30 p.m.
4. Speaking of Vegetables Students at John Lyman School are collecting vegetables and fruits today. The items may be dropped off in the boxes in the school's obby between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The produce will be delivered to the residents of Sugarloaf Senior Housing in Middlefield and Mauro Meadows in Durham.
5. Football Season is Upon Us The Cowboys knocked off the defending Super Bowl champion Giants last night 24-17 in the kick-off to the 2012-2013 NFL season. I might get some heat for saying this, but as much as I absolutely love football (I'm a Chicago Bears fan) I don't much like football in September.
There's just something about the start of football season that signals the end of summer. And it's still hot and humid out there. And I'm not ready to put away my swim trunks. Or get my jacket out of the attic. Are you excited football is back?