1. What's the Weather? Showers, mainly after 9 a.m. The rain could be heavy at times. Patchy fog. High near 52. Tonight: Showers, mainly before 8 p.m. Low around 37.
2. Runner of the Year Durham's Jack McShane was recently named the New York Road Runners 2012 Runner of the Year at the organization's Club Night on March 7. The native New Yorker was the top runner in his age group (60-64).
3. Sprint Into Spring The Middlefield Lions Club will host its 2nd annual Sprint Into Spring event at Peckham Park on Sunday, April 14 at 8 a.m. Runners can participate in 5K or 10K, which is walker-friendly. There's also a "sleep-in" option where participants can support the Lions without getting out of bed. Head here for more details: www.sprintintospring.com.
4. Pizza, Pins and Pop After the Storm hosts the Pizza, Pins and Pop Bowling Tournament on Sunday, April 7 from 2-4 p.m. at Wallingford Bowl. $100/team (4-6 players). Proceeds benefit integrative medicine services. See attached flyer for more details.
5. Make RSD13 A Winner! Brewster, Korn, Lyman and Memorial Schools are in the running to be named one of the world’s most innovative schools and we need your support to win! There’s $200,000 on the line, so keep reading to learn how you can support our schools.
Earlier this year, we entered the Follett Challenge, a program created by Follett to find and reward schools for their work applying technology, content and creativity in ways that engage students, foster literacy and promote critical thinking. As part of the competition, we created a short video about what makes our program unique.
Please support us by viewing our video and voting for our submission at the Follett Challenge website under the “View Entries” tab at the following link: http://www.follettchallenge.com/video.cfm?id=362
30% of our total score is based on how well we spread the word about our video and earn votes! Voting ends on March 15th.