1. What's the Weather? A chance of morning showers and afternoon thunderstorms, otherwise mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Tonight: Showers likely with cloudy skies and a low around 51.
2. $7 a Gallon Milk? While farmers tend to their dairy cows in Durham, house lawmakers appear to stuck in the mud in Washington. The Meriden Record Journal reports on the progress of a new five-year farm bill and the impact on farmers and consumers should Congress remain deadlocked.
3. Anastasio Finishes First Half-Marathon Patch congratulates Steve Anastasio of Haddam on completing the ING Hartford Marathon's half-marathon in 2:18:18. Steve was a member of the ING Hartford Marathon's Elite Inspiration Team and crossed the finish line "exhausted."
Steve's dad, Tom, also finished the race in 2:15:17 and deserves a big congrats as well!
Click here to check out how all of the local runners did in Saturday's race.
4. Get It Fresh This Fall Starlight Gardens of Durham is offering a Fall CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). So, if you like fresh veggies check out what's available on their website. The CSA starts in late October and runs for 8 weeks.
5. Ski Board Swap at Powder Ridge Looking to buy or sell used ski and snowboard gear that is in good condition? Mark your calendar for Saturday, Nov. 3 for Central Connecticut’s Ski & Board Swap at Powder Ridge in Middlefield. The swap will be under the tent at Powder Ridge from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.