1. What's the Weather? A chance of showers, mainly after 2 p.m. Increasing clouds, with a high near 65. Tonight: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 49.
2. Curriculum Night at CRHS Pretty soon, students throughout District 13 and the rest of the state will be taught and graded based on a new set of standards known as the Common Core.
To learn more about the Common Core Standards and what's at stake for students, school officials will hold a program this evening to answer the following questions:
- What are the differences between what my child is learning now and what he or she will learn in the future?
- How can parents help their child prepare for these new standards?
- How will the standards be assessed?
- When will the Common Core Standards be implemented?
The program starts at 7 p.m. at the Coginchaug High School auditorium.
3. White Farm Update According to Durham First Selectman Laura Francis, progress continues in the effort to restore Allyn Brook at White Farm. Francis said Monday that stockpiles of material removed during the rechannelling process will be tested before the material is moved off-site.
4. Lake Beseck Issues Significant activities are beginning to take shape at Lake Beseck. At 6:30 p.m., state and local officials will hold a meeting at the Community Center auditorium to review and discuss .
5. Halloween Parade Durham Recreation is sponsoring a Halloween parade and party at the Durham Activity Center on Sunday, Oct. 28. The event starts at 1 p.m. Anyone between the ages of 1 and 13 is encouraged to participate. The evnt features ghoulish games, freaky fun, cookie decorating and costume parade. Bring your best decorated pumpkin and receive a ribbon.