1. What's the Weather? Sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56.
2. Chemo Cap Project Update I stopped by the Durham Fair's Needlework Building Monday night and was thrilled to see more than 200 winter hats displayed on the wall.
If you missed our story on the chemo caps, you can read it here. The winter hats will be donated to patients at the Smilow Cancer Center in New Haven.
3. Blood Drive Today The Durham Public Library is teaming up with the Red Cross today to host a blood drive from 1-5:45 p.m. The blood drive is being held in the downstairs meeting room at the library.
Call 1-800-RED-CROSS (733-2767) for additional information.
4. There's Still Time to promote your non-profit group before the Durham Fair gets underway. In fact, check out these recent groups that have promoted their booth on Patch
Levi E. Coe Library
Middlefield Volunteer Fire Company
Durham Middlefield Youth & Family Services
Interested in promoting your non-profit group on Patch? It's FREE! Get started here.
4. Buy Advanced Tickets Today Advanced tickets for the Durham Fair are available for purchase from 12:30-9 p.m. at the Durham Fair Medical Building.
- Exhibitor, $20
- Student, $10 (Students ages 12 -18 from Durham, Middlefield and Rockfall only.)
- College student, $15 (College students from Durham, Middlefield and Rockfall only. Proof of college ID is required.)
- Three-day admission, $32
- Four-day admission, $40
- Ride bracelet for Sept. 28, $20 (does not include roller coaster)
- Ride bracelet for Sept. 28, $30 (includes roller coaster)
- Four-day unlimited entry parking sticker, $20