1. What's the Weather? Periods of rain and snow before 3 p.m, then a chance of rain. High near 43. Breezy, with a north wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. (The forecast for Sunday and Monday calls for 60s!)
2. Learn About Genealogy Have you ever wanted to know how to trace your family's lineage and history? Here's your chance to learn how:
The Levi E. Coe Library presents a program on genealogy presented by Godfrey Memorial Library tonight at 6 p.m. Registration is encouraged
3. My Candidate Won, Now What? Election Day is now a distant memory for most of us, but for the candidates who won the job hasn't even begun, at least not officially. If you were wondering when elected officials actually take office (when they're sworn in), the answer is here:
- Connecticut legislators assume office the Wednesday following the first Monday of January after their election.
- Elected U.S. Senators and U.S. Representatives are sworn in on Jan. 3.
4. Finacial Aid Night Tonight The Coginchaug Regional High School Guidance Department is offering a special presentation about planning and paying for college. The presentation begins at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium.
5. A Visit to the Quarry Third and fourth graders from Mrs. Betty Hadlock and Mrs. Sarah Greco's classes recently spent a wonderful morning with Region 13 Outdoor Educators Marcy Klattenberg and Lori Martin at the Portland Quarry collecting rocks specimens as part of their science unit on Reading the Environment.
Check out all of the great photos!