1. What's The Weather? Finally, a break in the rain! The National Weather Service is predicting sunny skies with a high near 74 today. Tonight: Clear, with a low around 42.
2. Dancing for a Good Cause: We received this on our Facebook page Wednesday night, from Killingworth resident Henry Tobleman:
Hey everybody! My girlfriend is involved with the American Cancer Society and she's making a video for the Waterbury Relay for Life on June 2nd. She and I were wondering if any of you would be interested in dancing in the video?! All proceeds go to the ACS so there is a minimum donation of one dollar per person. This is going to a great, great, great cause and we appreciate your help! Thank you so much!!
If you're interested, follow this link to get in touch with Henry.
3. Durham Farmer's Market: If you haven't stopped by the town green on Thursday afternoon yet this May, you're missing out. Vendors will be selling their goods from 3 to 6:30 p.m.
4. Get the Chickens and Get Outta There!: Durham's Animal Response Team (DART) is holding a Barn Fire Safety seminar tonight from 7-9 p.m at the Durham firehouse. The event is FREE and open to all. For more information .
5. This Day in History: On May 17, 2004, Massachusetts became the first state in the country to legalize same-sex marriage. Six states, including Connecticut, as well as the District of Columbia, recognize same-sex marriage.