1. What's the Weather? Partly sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon. Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.
2. Sidewalk Sale in Durham Main Street businesses will be holding a Sidewak Sale on October 6. Organizers are inviting all businesses in Durham to bring their goods to a location on Main Street to sell or showcase their items. Some stores will open their parking lots to other businesses, crafters or hold tag sales for civic groups.
3. Paying for Powder Ridge On Thursday, the Town of Middlefield signed off on another 9-month bond anticipation note (BAN) to pay for Powder Ridge. The town received a 1.65 percent interest rate, according to First Selectman Jon Brayshaw, who said the payment will be due June 5. The town currently owes $2.38 million on the property.
4. Support Community Agriculture Okay, it's actually called Community Supported Agriculture, but you get the drift. If you haven't already, sign up for Starlight Garden's fall CSA shares for fresh, local produce all through the fall.
Click on the link to sign up: http://www.starlightgardensct.com/members
5. Region 13 Enrollment The unofficial school enrollment figures were provided by school officials Wednesday night and are as follows:
- 575 — Coginchaug
- 341 — Memorial
- 332 — Strong
- 283 — Lyman
- 241 — Brewster
- 174 — Korn
7 students are placed in a magnet school, 4 are out-placed and 4 attend Vo-Ag school for a total of 1961 students.