1. What's the Weather? Showers likely before noon, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between noon and 4 p.m, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 82. Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.
2. BOE Meets Tonight The Region 13 Board of Ed meets tonight at 7:30 at Brewster School. The meeting is the board's first of the 2012-2013 school year and the agenda includes discussion on new board goals and objectives, as well as an update on the progress of restrooms at the Coginchaug High School athletic complex.
3. Middlefield BOS Meets Tonight Selectmen will meet tonight at 7 at the Community Center where they're expected to talk about the upcoming closing on Powder Ridge — scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 13.
4. Church of the Epiphany Celebrates 150 years in Durham The Church of the Epiphany invites members of the community to participate in a Community Hymn Sing and Community Supper on Sunday, September 16, 2012.
The hymn sing begins at 4 p.m. at the church at 196 Main St. It will feature hymns that would have been sung in 1862, the year Church of the Epiphany was established in Durham. Voices and organ or piano accompaniments are welcome. Information is available by calling 860-663-2703.
A free community supper in the church hall will follow the hymn sing. It will run from 5:30-6:30 p.m. The supper is part of Epiphany’s regular series of monthly community suppers that began in 2009. Information is available by calling 860-349-9644.
The two events are part of Epiphany’s 150th anniversary celebration. Both are free and open to the public.
5. Author Visits Levi E. Coe Library From our friends at the library in Middlefield:
You are cordially invited to attend the Levi E. Coe Library Association's Annual Meeting. Meet Teresa M. Pelham, Author of Roxy's Forever Home and Dina Marie Pratt, Illustrator of Roxy's Forever Home on Wednesday, September 12, 2012
6:30 p.m. Book Signing
7:00 p.m. Author and Illustrator's Discussion
All are welcome, though space is limited. For additional information or to RSVP, please call the library at 860-349-3857