1. What's the Weather? Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Wind gusts as high as 26 mph. Tonight: A slight chance of rain showers before 10 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
2. Twitter Workshop for Parents Regional School District 13 will hold a Twitter Workshop on Tuesday, March 19, where parents can find out how administrators, schools, classrooms and other RSD13 members are using Twitter to support, celebrate and share student learning. During the workshop, parents will learn how to use Twitter to follow your schools as they celebrate students' learning and achievements.
Registration is required for participation. Please click HERE to download workshop flyer.
- WHEN: Tuesday, March 19
- TIME: 6:30-7:30
- WHERE: Library, Strong Middle School
- REGISTER: Please email Michelle Gohagon, email@example.com to register
3. Powder Ridge Update Middlefield's Planning and Zoning Commission has scheduled a special meeting for Saturday, March 16 at Powder Ridge, 99 Powder Hill Road, Middlefield. The commission is reviewing a special permit application to dredge the pond at the ski area for additional snowmaking capabilities. The site walk/meeting will begin at 9:30 a.m. Powder Ridge Mountain Park and Resort was granted approval to complete the work by Middlefield's Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency last month.
4. Girl Scouts Enjoy Breakfast for Dinner On Wednesday night, Girl Scout Troop 62092 was invited to Shawn's Sugar Shack in Middletown to see the maple syrup making process. It may have been raining, but it sure was warm and dry in the sugar shack! Shawn was really nice, he explained the entire process to us and he answered all of the questions we had. It was really cool to see the clear liquid that oozes from the tree, from the sugar tap, watch it boil, and then turn to a brownish color. We came right home from our trip to the shack, and couldn't wait to whip up some pancakes and try out the yummy syrup. It was soooo good!
Shawn has a little stand at 2 Chauncey Road in Middletown, CT, where he sells his syrup on weekends.
5. FORE! The Player Course at Lyman Orchards will be open on Friday for the season. The Apple Nine Course and both of Lyman's driving ranges are open as well.