1. What's the Weather? Rain. High near 42. Breezy, with a east wind 16 to 21 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph in the afternoon. Tonight: Rain likely before 3 a.m., then rain and snow likely. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
2. School Days Although seven school days have been lost this year due to inclement weather, there are four remaining make-up days left in June before school officials would have to consider canceling any of the April vacation. Currently, the tentiative graduation date at Coginchaug High School is Monday, June 24. The date is subject to the final approval of the BOE.
3. Blue Devils Moving On The Coginchaug girls basketball team beat Bullard-Havens Tech (Bridgeport) 69-27 on Tuesday night to advance to the second round of the Class M state tournament. The Blue Devils will travel to Fairfield on Friday to play No. 2 seed Notre Dame-Fairfield. Tip-off is at 7 p.m.
4. Winter Celebration First and second graders at John Lyman School presented a Winter Celebration concert on Tuesday night. Under the direction of music teacher, Michael Meurs, the children sang a variety of songs that displayed their singing talents and celebrated family heritages.
Submitted by Betty Hadlock
5. Clean Energy & Sustainability Task Force The Town of Durham currently has two openings on this task force whose mission "is to enhance the municipal and residential environmental stewardship of the Durham community by sharing ideas, researching technologies, and recommending programs related to issues of sustainability." If interested, please contact Durham First Selectman Laura Francis.