1. What's the Weather? A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 8 a.m., then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 48. Tonight: A chance of rain showers before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 30.
2. Hawk Vs. Squirrel Check out the photo snapped by photographer James Rossi of a hawk swooping down to pick up a squirrel shortly after the Blizzard of 2013 blanketed Durham in three feel of snow. Great photo James!
3. William Kent Artwork A pre-sale of Durham artist William Kent's work continues on weekends from 12-3 p.m. at the late-artist's studio at 269 Howd Road. For more information contact: joanRbaer@aol.com, (203) 421-3039.
4. Route 66 Among 'Most Dangerous Roads" A NY-based transportation organization recently released a report naming the highway one of the state's most dangerous roads for pedestrians. According to the report, three pedestrians were killed between 2009-2011.
5. Now Hiring From our friends at Perk On Main: Hiring! We are Hiring! If you have a smile on your face, a bump in your step and like to roll up those sleeves and get to work, then grab an application off our website www.perkonmain.com and drop it if off to our Durham or Guilford Locations.