1. What's the Weather? Light rain likely before 8 a.m., then scattered showers remaining mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. Tonight: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58.
2. Super Coaster Safety Firefighters from Durham, Middlefield, Westfield (Middletown) and Haddam visited the Durham Fairgrounds Tuesday night for a safety drill at the roller coaster.
Firefighters from Westfield tested the department's 100 ft extension ladder to ensure the equipment could reach riders in the event of an emergency. The roller coaster will be inspected Wednesday by the state's fire marshal and state police inspectors.
3. Chinese Restaurant? Not So Fast Earlier this month, Patch reported on the closing of Durham's Kitchen and we also reported that residents could expect a Chinese restaurant to open on Main Street.
Patch learned this week that the buyer interested in bringing Chinese to Durham has pulled out of the deal. Stay tuned for an update!
4. Solarizing Your Historic Home If you live in Durham's Historic District and are contemplating a solar installation, please contact Tom Woodson, Chairman of the Historic District Commission at 860 916-336 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure timely processing of applications and approvals.
5. Local Mason Wanted Resident Deb Wilson Sutfin left this message on Patch's Facebook page Tuesday:
"I'm looking for a local licensed mason to do some repair work on a chimney crown. Message me if you have any suggestions. Thanks!"
Can you help? Send Deb a message here.