1. What's the Weather? Rain and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before noon, then scattered showers after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Temperature falling to around 39 by 5 p.m. Breezy, with a southeast wind 16 to 24 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Tonight: Scattered rain showers before 9 p.m., then scattered rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Southwest wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
2. Moment of Silence Patch will black out all of its sites at 9:30 a.m. Friday for a moment of silence to honor Sandy Hook victims in Newtown.
3. Coginchaug Football Awards The following players received awards during the recent Blue Devils football banquet:
Ian Augur — Most Valuable Player
Sean Harper — Foundation of Honor Award
Jake Nickel — Bonnie Currlin Award
Ty Kartiganer — Most Improved Player
Jake Ober — Rookie of the Year
Carlos Benitez — Rookie of the Year
4. New Year, New Programs There's a lot happening at the Durham Public Library in January, including the One Book, One Community Series, a creative writing workshop and the Nutmeg at Night Gameshow.
Check out the library's blog on Patch here for more information.
5. Volunteer Party Planners Wanted Would you like to help plan the Selectmen's Winter Warm-up Party? The event will help raise money for the local fuel assistance bank. There will be a planning committee meeting on Thursday, Dec. 27 at the 3rd floor meeting room at 7 p.m. All are welcome!