1. What's the Weather? Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 28. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
2. Lawmakers Swearing In Today State legislators from Durham and Middlefield will be sworn into office today, the same day the General Assembly convenes for a six month session. Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is scheduled to deliver his State of the State address at noon.
3. Board of Education Meets Tonight The District BOE meets at 7:30 p.m. at John Lyman Elementary School. Tonight's agenda includes recognition of District 13's Teacher of the Year, as well as superintendent awards.
4. Free Community Supper — Notre Dame Church will sponsor a free community supper on Sunday, January 13, 2013 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the Church Hall at 272 Main St., Durham. The main meal will be prepared by the Knights of Columbus and desserts will be provided by Notre Dame and Epiphany parishioners.
Epiphany has been organizing the free suppers since March 2009 as an outreach program for all, not only those in need. Since then, other local churches and organizations such as this month's sponsor, the Knights of Columbus, have joined Epiphany in hosting or sponsoring the monthly event, which is free and open to the public. Please join us!
5. Annual College Admissions Forum Night The Guidance Department at Coginchaug Regional High School will hold their Annual College Admissions Forum on Thursday, January 10th at 7 p.m. in the auditorium for juniors and their parents/guardians. College Admissions Officers from Central CT State University and Quinnipiac University, and the Director of Admissions from Middlesex Community College will present an overview of the entire admissions process. The Guidance Department will also discuss the procedures for students regarding the application process. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled for January 17th. Please call the Guidance Office at 349-7221, if you have any questions.