1. What's the Weather? Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Calm wind. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
2. Governor to Visit Lyman Orchards Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy will visit Lyman Orchards in Middlefield on Thursday afternoon as part of his summer-long effort to highlight the role Connecticut’s hospitality, tourism and recreation attractions play in strengthening the state’s overall economy.
The governor is scheduled to stop in Middlefield at 2:45 p.m.
3. Kindergarten Orientation: Take 2 Brewster Elementary School will hold Kindergarten Orientation and Bus Ride from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Students will meet with their teachers, learn about bus safety, and take a short ride on a bus. If you have your medical form, please bring it to school on that day.
4. Durham Farmers' Market It's almost September, which means there are a limited number of opportunities for you to check out the farmers' market on the town green.
Stop by anytime today from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
5. Alpacas at the Levi E. Coe Library Have you ever wanted to learn more about Alpacas? Meet a real Alpaca from the New England Alpaca Farm in Killingworth, and learn all about these wonderful animals!
This program will take place at Levi E. Coe Library on Saturday, October 6, from 10:30am-11:15am. Space is limited for this program, and registration is required. Please call 860-349-3857 to register or for information. This program is recommended for ages 4 and up.