1. What's the Weather? Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
2. Snowmaking Returns to Middlefield Powder Ridge isn't up and running quite yet but the snowmaking machines are. Patch was invited late Wednesday night to check out the snowmaking at Lyman Orchards, which is teaming up with Powder Ridge Montain Park and Resort to offer snowboarding and tubing during this weekend's 41st annual Winterfest. I'm not a skier or snowboarder but it was nice to hear the hiss of the snow guns again.
3. Coginchaug vs. Cromwell The rivalry between the Blue Devils and Panthers will reach another level tonight when the teams face off in the Shoreline Conference semifinals at CRHS. Cromwell is undefeated but Coginchaug is looking for revenge after having lost to the Panthers twice in the regular season and in last year's Shoreline Conference Championship.
Don't miss this one. Tip-off is at 7:45 p.m.
4. No Vote on Powder Ridge Pond After a lengthy meeting Wednesday night, Middlefield's Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency has delayed a vote on an application by Powder Ridge Mountain Park and Resort to dredge the existing pond at the base of the ski hill for snowmaking.
The IWWA has scheduled a special meeting on Friday at 6 p.m. at the Community Center to vote on the application.
5. Durham Manufacturer to Add Jobs State Sen. Ed Meyer (D-12th) visited Technical Manufacturing Corporation (TMC) of Durham on Wednesday. The small, woman-owned manufacturer received a loan and a grant last year to allow it to expand, according to a press release. TMC has already hired a handful of new employees and hopes to hire more than a dozen more soon.