1. What's the Weather? Sunny, with a high near 44. Light west wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Tonight: Increasing clouds, with a low around 27.
2. Christmas Tree Lightings:
Durham — Saturday, Dec. 1 @ 4 p.m. on the Town Green
Middlefield — Sunday, Dec. 2 at 5 p.m. on the Town Green
3. Thankful for Girl Scouts Brownie Troop 62127 and Cadette Troop 62650 of Durham recently helped with the Durham Thanksgiving baskets, which were donated to 23 families in need so they could enjoy the holiday.
For the fifth year in-a-row, Cadettes made homemade apple pies, which they picked, peeled, cored and cut before baking! The Brownies made cookies for the second straight year.
The Girl Scouts also honored Durham resident and Girl Scout Lillian White by baking her a pie to recognize her contributions as the organization celebrates 100 years.
Special thanks to Lisa Szymaszek for the photos!
4. Food Donations Core Club at 350 Main Street in Durham is accepting food donations for Amazing Grace Food Pantry in Middletown. Items needed include: Cereal, soup, tuna fish, pasta sauce and peanut butter.
5. Project Linus The Durham Fair Needlework Committe has selected Project Linus as its Service Project for the 2013 Durham Fair.
The mission at Project Linus is to first provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers."
Project Linus blankets may be any size, but 40"x60" is standard. For pattern ideas click here.
You may enter your finished blanket in the 2013 Durham Fair.