1. What's the Weather? A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 87. Tonight: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71.
2. Girl Scout in Search of Veterans for Gold Award Project My name is Erika Trapp, I am a Durham resident and a Girl Scout. I am currently working on my Gold Award project, the highest award achievable in scouts. I am putting together a documentary of on-camera interviews with veterans from all conflicts. The interviews will also be sent to the Library of Congress for preservation for future generations.
If you are interested in having an interview conducted, please get into contact with me ASAP, I will only be able to conduct interviews until August 16th, 2012.
Thank you for your service!
Cell Phone: (860) 335-1985
3. Join the Solar Team! Anyone interested in joining Durham's Solar Team should attend tonight's organizational meeting at 7 p.m. at Durham Town Hall.
The town was recently chosen as one of four pilot towns to encourage solar technologies. In order to be successful, the town is looking to build a team that will help promote the program with residents.
Check out .
4. Concert at Allyn Brook Park Durham Recreation Summer Entertainment presents the Karma Kings at Allyn Brook Park
The Band will start at 7:00pm. Call Durham Recreation 860-343-6724 for more information
5. In Case You Missed It Come on Down to the Tractor Cruise-in and Business Expo Durham.
The tenth annual Tractor Cruise-in and the 3rd Discover Durham Business Expo are Saturday, August 11, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on the Durham Fairgrounds. Admission to both events is free. A $5 per car parking fee is charged. The popular Tractor Cruise-in, which draws tractor enthusiasts from throughout the state, is sponsored by the Durham Fair Foundation. The Foundation this year welcomes the addition of the business expo into the commercial building on the grounds. The expo is sponsored by the Durham Economic Development Commission. Both events have a rain date of Sunday, August 12.
Patch will be there!!!