1. What's the Weather? A chance of showers before 8 a.m. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 73. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
2. Inspections Underway At this time every year, the Durham Assessor's office will be conducting physical inspections on any real estate which has an open building permit. The Assessor's office will attempt to notify owners that inspection will be conducted. However, if no actual contact is made the field inspector may inspect the property while the homeowner is away.
Please call the Assessor's office should you have any questions or concerns. Our direct line is 860-343-6709.
3. Durham Fair Hike From our friends at Durham Recreation:
When: Friday, September 28th at 5:30 p.m.
Where: Mt. Pisgah
What: Join us at 5:30 PM for a for a short (~1/2 mile) and occasionally steep hike up Mt. Pisgah in southern Durham. We will hike up, have a picnic dinner, enjoy the sunset and the lights of the fair, including the Ferris Wheel. We will hike down on an old road. Please wear sturdy shoes and bring a flashlight.
Registration required. Directions around the traffic in central Durham can be provided.
To register and for more information contact Lucy at lucy@EveryoneOutside.org or 860-395-7771 or visitwww.EveryoneOutside.org.
4. No Flu Clinic in Middlefield This year, the Senior Center will not be sponsoring a flu shot clinic. The town of Middlefield is part of the Mass Dispensing Area #36. The closest clinic will be in Durham at the Durham Activity Center on October 30th from Noon – 8:00 p.m. If you would like other dates and locations, please contact Antoinette Astle at 860-349-7121. Also all area pharmacies are up and running dispensing flu shots this Fall (no appointments necessary)
5. A Very Special Shout-Out to our friend Evelyn Dykas Konefal of Middlefield, who recently attended her 70th class reunion with friends of Middletown High School's Class of 1942. What a great looking group!