1. What's the Weather? Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet, becoming all rain after noon. High near 42. Wind gusts as high as 23 mph. Tonight: A chance of rain showers before 9 p.m., then a slight chance of snow showers after 11 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Wind gusts as high as 26 mph.
2. Schools On 2-Hour Delay Due to the overnight storm, District 13 schools will open on a 2-hour delay on Tuesday. Here is the delayed opening schedule:Building 2-Hour Delay 1-Hour Delay
Closing TimeCoginchaug 9:25 a.m. 8:25 a.m. 2:02 p.m. Strong 9:25 a.m. 8:25 a.m. 2:00 p.m. Memorial 10:00 a.m. 9:00 a.m. 2:35 p.m. Korn 10:55 a.m. 9:55 a.m. 3:25 p.m. Lyman 10:50 a.m. 9:50 a.m. 3:20 p.m. Brewster 10:50 a.m. 9:50 a.m. 3:20 p.m. AM Pre-School 10:50 a.m. ---------- 12:30 p.m.* AM Pre-School ------------- 9:50 a.m. 12:30 p.m.* PM Pre-School 1:35 p.m. ---------- 3:20 p.m.* PM Pre-School ------------ 1:05 p.m. 3:20 p.m.*
3. Grant Writing Workshop The Coginchaug Valley Education Foundation (CVEF) will host a grant writing workshop on Monday, April 1, from 3-5 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. at the Durham Public Library. Click here for a list of previous grant recipients.
4. Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled If you were wondering about upcoming Easter Egg Hunts in Durham and Middlefield, here are the details:
The Middlefield Lions Club will hold an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 23, from 1-3 p.m. at Peckham Park. The public is welcome!
The Durham Recreation Department will hold an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 30, starting at 9 a.m, at Allyn Brook Park.
5. Fairy Tale Stories Kindergarteners from Mrs. Kristen Blake, Ms. Sharon Berndt and Mrs. Kerry Chernovetz's classes all shared fairy tale stories at John Lyman School's Friday assembly. The children used puppets to explain the problems and solutions to The Three Bears, The Three Little Pigs and The Three Billy Goats Gruff. (See attached photos)
Submitted by Betty Hadlock