1. What's the Weather Areas of frost before 8 a.m. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 48. Tonight: Clear, with a low around 20.
2. Middlefield BOS Meets Tonight The Board of Selectmen will meet at 7 p.m. at the Community Center. The agenda includes discussion on a server replacement and setting a date for the Annual Town Meeting.
3. CRHS Senior Named Student of the Month Coginchaug High School Senior Sean Harper was recently selected by the Middletown-area Rotary Club as their student of the month. Sean was nominated by guidance staff as a senior who exemplifies the values of service, scholarship, leadership and school involvement.
4. Free Community Supper in Durham The Church of the Epiphany will sponsor a free community supper on Sunday, Nov. 11, from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the church hall at 196 Main St., Durham. The main meal will be prepared by Epiphany’s parishioners and will comprise a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Members of Notre Dame Church will provide desserts.
Epiphany has been sponsoring the free suppers since March, 2009, as an outreach program for all, not only those in need. Since then, other local churches and organizations have joined Epiphany in hosting or sponsoring the monthly event, which is open to the public.
5. Late Durham Sculptor Remembered Last month, friends of the late William Kent (Wiliamson) gathered at his studio on Howd Road for a memorial honoring the man some have called the world's greatest wood sculptor.
Kent, who was 93 when he died in August, worked on his giant carvings until a few days before his passing.
Read more about this remarkable artist on Patch.