1. What's the Weather? A chance of showers before 10 a.m. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 53. Northwest wind 7 to 14 mph. Tonight: Clear, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
2. Financial Aid Night is Tonight The Coginchaug Regional High School Guidance Department will host Financial Aid Night this evening at 7 p.m. The presentation will take place in the high school auditorium.
Andrea Oden and Tim Higgins from The Financial Aid Consulting Team of Plainville will be presenting. They will be focusing on planning and paying for college. Students are encouraged to attend with their parents. This presentation is open to all families in the community.
This event had been scheduled to take place last month but was postponed due to weather.
3. Blue Devils Begin Defense of State Championship The Coginchaug High School girls basketball team will open their season tonight at home against Kolbe Cathedral. Tip-off is at 7:30 p.m.
4. Brewster Korn Gift Drive Begins Today From the rsd13ct.org website:
For many years Korn and Brewster families and staff have participated in a school-wide community service project in conjunction with the Riverview Hospital for Children and Youth of Middletown. Riverview Hospital is now called the Albert J. Solnit Children Center. We are proud of the fact that our schools have been one of the biggest contributors of gifts in the past few years. We hope that you will encourage your child to participate in this annual opportunity to enjoy the true spirit of the holidays. The gift drive begins on December 5th and ends on December 21st.
5. Babysitter Training Classes (For Youth In Grades 5-6)
Learn to become a safe and responsible babysitter! This American Heart Association program includes basic childcare, first aid and CPR training as well as information for other emergency situations.
Participants will also learn to respond to an emergency or sudden illness, how to prevent accidents, and how to supervise of children from infancy through school age.
This course provides practical knowledge while building confidence, self-esteem, leadership and independence. Students receive First Aid and CPR Certification. DMYFS will also maintain a list of all youth completing the course for use in our Job Bank.
When: Thursdays, 2:45 - 4:15 PM
January 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th
(Snow Make-up Day 1/ 31)
Where: Memorial Middle School Library
Instructor: A 2nd Chance CPR - American Heart Association
Cost: $75 Includes book, snacks and certificate
Limit: 12 participants
To Register: Download the registration form by clicking link: REGISTRATION FORM