1. Weather: The National Weather Service says Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 16 and 22 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 30. North wind between 5 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
2. Post Your Tag Sale on Patch: The weekend looks like a pretty good weekend to hit up some tag sales. Did we mention, Patch is a great place to post your tag sales? Yep, it's easy and FREE! .
3. Fajita Fiesta: The Spanish Honor Society at Coginchaug Regional High School is hosting the 11th Annual at the CRHS Cafeteria. Dinner will be served from 6–7:30 p.m. Highlights include a Mariachi Trio and a Silent Auction. Dinner includes veggie fajitas, chicken fajitas, cheese quesadillas, rice, beans, chips and salsa, dessert, and drinks. Adults: $12.00, Students and Senior Citizens: $10.00. Children 5 and under eat for FREE!. A few tickets will be available at the door, but it is better to reserve tickets by calling Nancy Alberico at 349-7215, ext 479.
4. Middlefield Budget: The town's finance board held a public hearing Thursday night . The $4.41 million proposal would increase the town's mill rate to 32.05 (this figure includes the proposed Regional School District 13 budget, which will be voted on at a May 8 referendum.) Check back with Patch for more budget details.
5. Weekend Warriors: Are you looking for something to do this weekend? There's plenty of great events, including:
If you've got a great event to share, post it on Patch! It's free and simple. Click here to get started.