All dogs in the State of Connecticut six months old or older must be licensed each year in the town where they reside in the month of June. A current rabies certificate is required for all dogs; and a neutered/spayed certificate is required for dogs that will be licensed for the first time. or if recently neutered or spayed.Licensing Requirements:
- A copy of spaying/neutering certificate if your dog was not listed as such last year
- A copy of current rabies certificate if the last rabies shot has expired
- The fee is $8.00 for a spayed/neutered and $19.00 for unspayed/unneutered
- A late fee will be required if registering your dog after June 30. See application form for details.
- Checks should be made out to "Town Clerk of Durham" or "Town Clerk of Middlefield"
- In Middlefield mail to: Town Clerk of Middlefield, 393 Jackson Hill Rd, Middlefield, CT 06455. For more information call (860) 349-7116
- In Durham mail to: Town Clerk of Durham, 30 Town House Rd, Durham, CT 06422. For more information call (860) 349-3452
To license your dog in person, stop by your local Town Clerk's office during normal business hours.