Join us for Open House Day on Saturday, June 9th! More than 175 Connecticut destinations from across the state are offering Connecticut residents discounted or free admission, free gifts or special exhibits and activities!
Open House Day is a great opportunity to not only go back to your favorite CT spots, but to also discover new destinations you may have never had a chance to check out before.
See below for activities in Middlesex County and click here (http://bit.ly/IqQ86k) for the official Facebook invite!
Local Activities in Middlesex County
- Connecticut River Expeditions, Haddam – RiverQuest will be offering a special reduced admission with the 60-minute Gillette Castle Viewing Cruise on the Connecticut River. Cruises depart at 10 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. Reduced admission is $5 per person.
- Tanger Outlet Center, Westbrook – Open House Day customers will receive a free $5 coupon book by showing a valid Connecticut ID. Stores open from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- Chester/Hadlyme Ferry, Chester – From 10:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., visitors can ride for free aboard Selden III, the second oldest continuously operating ferry service in the state, which crosses the scenic Connecticut River near Gillette Castle State Park.
- East Haddam Historical Society Museum, East Haddam – Free admission from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Visitors receive a complimentary antique East Haddam or Moodus map.
- Goodspeed Opera House, East Haddam – From 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., enjoy free tours of the historic Victorian theater built in 1876.
- Joseph N. Goff House Museum, East Hampton – Free admission from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Sears Park, East Hampton – Free admission from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Ivoryton Playhouse, Ivoryton – From 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., offering complimentary backstage tours of the historic theater. All participants will receive a free copy of their centennial program detailing the history of the Playhouse.
- New England Alpacas, Killingworth – Free admission from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- General Mansfield House, Middletown – Free admission from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- General William Hart House, Old Saybrook – Free admission from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Museum of Fife & Drum, Ivoryton – Free admission from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Visit the only museum showing America on parade.
- Ruth Callander House Museum, Portland - From 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., visitors learn about the town’s rich history including brownstone quarrying and shipbuilding. Opportunities for visitor participation will evolve from the current exhibit. Light refreshments.
- Buttonwood Tree Performing Arts & Cultural Center, Middletown – From 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., enjoy outdoor concerts, free books and CDs, original artwork for sale, and refreshments. Participate in the workshop for empowerment “Aligned with Source” from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
- Thankful Arnold House, Haddam – Free admission from noon until 4 p.m.
- Nathan Hale Schoolhouse, East Haddam – From noon until 4 p.m., visitors who leave their email addresses receive free membership in Connecticut Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) Museum Patrons.
- Southwind Farms, Watertown – Free admission to one of Connecticut’s largest alpaca farms from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Karen Rossi Studios, Norfolk – Free kids craft projects including rock painting, stick sculpture, and art from nature. Open studio from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Sharon Audubon Center, Sharon – Free admission for the Center’s building from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Birdwalk at 8 a.m., registration recommended but not necessary. Trails open from dawn until dusk.
- New England Ballet Company, Orange – Open classes for all ages including Ballet, Jazz, Tap and Zumba from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Along with studio performance of Peter and the Wolf and meet the company dancers.
- Quassy Amusement Park, Middlebury – One free all-day ride pass for the first 12 cars that request it through the Connecticut Open House Day. Park open from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. with special entertainment at the Carousel Theatre.
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport – Free admission for the first 100 visitors from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Maritime Aquarium, Norwalk – From 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., visitors will receive $2 off the Aquarium’s Adventure Pass; admission to the Aquarium and IMAX movie
- Mark Twain House and Museum , Hartford – Free family activities for Tom Sawyer Day and discount admission for Mark Twain House tours
- Lake Compounce Family Theme Park, Bristol - From 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. admission is reduced to $10 (plus tax). Park is open from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Lebanon Historical Society Museum, Lebanon – From 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. enjoy demonstrations of traditional crafts, Model-T rides, farm animals, and hands-on activities
- Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme - Free entry to museum from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., plus special access to GardenFest activities, including “Blooms with a View” (15 stunning floral arrangements that interpret works of art) and “Pleasure Gardens: A Miniature Maharaja Place” (a miniature fantasy creation based on several maharaja palaces in India).