- There will be a special joint Board of Selectmen and Board of Finance meeting tonight at 7 p.m. in Middlefield followed by a joint meeting between the selectmen and the Board of Education around 7:30 p.m. We'll be at the meeting so be sure to check Patch later for stories.
- Gov. Dannel Malloy has ordered all flags to fly at half-staff in honor of the victims of the Navy Yard shooting in Washington, D.C. “On behalf of the people of Connecticut, we offer our deepest condolences and will keep the victims of this senseless tragedy in our thoughts and prayers.” Read more of his statement here.
- Coginchaug freshmen football will face Wilcox Tech on Wednesday, Sept. 18, at 4 p.m. Varsity will play Valley Regional/Old Lyme on Friday, Sept. 20, at 6:30 p.m.
- Speaking of sports, be sure to check out our two football blogs on Durham-Middlefield Patch by William Kovac and Durham-Middlefield Falcon Football/Cheerleading.
- WEATHER: Brrrr was it chilly this morning. And it's only going to hit a high of 63 degrees today (fall does feel like it's here). Expect a low of 39 degrees tonight. But things are warming up a bit tomorrow and later this week, from highs of 72 degrees on Wednesday up to around 79 degrees on Friday. Check the National Weather Service for the full forecast.